Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#82189 by RBCA
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:08 pm
Is it possible to create a keyboard macro/toolbar icon where I can select a specific go to view by name its name without having to use the Function key #'s.
The go to view location in the directories sometimes changes, so cant just say F3 for example...

Thanks,
#82267 by Joseph Baron
Tue May 30, 2023 4:46 pm
I don't think that's possible without writing a custom DCAL macro. Accessing GoToViews is easy enough using the V key or dropdowns in the status panel. You can also create MVTOTB windows for very quick access to whatever view you save in it.
#82269 by DBrennfoerder
Wed May 31, 2023 9:19 am
Seems simple enough to me to just make them visible along the left edge of the window and then pick whichever, whenever.
#82272 by joshhuggins
Wed May 31, 2023 12:51 pm
I think what Dwight might be suggesting is using the Status Panel to access the GTV's. You can also increase the number of GTV's show by default in the drop down list by adjusting the following value in the dcadwin.ini file under the [StatusArea] section. I have mine set to display 39 GTV's below. If the status panel is turned off, you can turn it on under View, Toolbars. And it the Status Panel takes up too much room for ya in it's current state, you can remove icons and drop downs you don't want by changing the TRUE values to FALSE for the items you want to hide. Below is how I have mine setup. I removed a few icons so it make a few of the drop downs wider, but you could hide everything but the GTV drop down if you wanted and then dock it up next to your toolbar at the top of your screen if you prefer. Then adjust the MaxGotoViews= number to a number that shows as many GTV's as you can for your screen resolution. Just an idea. :D

[StatusArea]
MaxGotoViews=39

Code: Select all[StatusArea]
ButtonColors=True
ButtonDoorTypes=True
ButtonGotoViews=False
ButtonLayers=False
ButtonLayerSearch=False
ButtonLineTypes=False
ButtonPlotterMenu=False
ButtonScales=TRUE
ButtonSelSets=False