Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#82422 by cadline
Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:44 am
How do I rotate the dimension text to read from top to bottom
In the attached screenshot the dimension text reads from bottom to top

Hope this makes sense
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-08-26 093836.png
Screenshot 2023-08-26 093836.png (7.49 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
#82423 by joshhuggins
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:29 am
In the US, it's common practice that text be readable as if you were standing at the bottom of the sheet or from the right side of the sheet since plans / books are typically bound on the left side here and dimensions usually follow that rule. I don't know of a way to change that globally in Datacad, but there might be a setting for that somewhere I am not aware of.

If you are wanting just a few dimensions rotated, you can use F0 Change, S9 Dimensions, S2 Text Position, select a dimension, then use F1 Rotate and input an angle. Note: The angle input will be relative to the North / Start angle you have set in your F0 Settings, F3 Angle Type, S1 Start Angle.

Also Datacad has the Fix Text option in most of the mirroring and rotating menus for keeping text and dimensions orientated in between the 90 degrees of the bottom and right side reading angles. If rotating or mirroring the text / dimension text does not work, try using F0 Change, S5 More, F4 Fix Text, F6 Off, (right click back two menus menu) and then select the text entity that is not rotating properly for you. It might flip to your desired orientation right then, or you might need to try using the dimension, text move mentioned above again or your rotate / mirror command (make sure Fix Text is turned off in those menus) to get it to rotate without it fixing the text to the bottom / right side reading angles
Last edited by joshhuggins on Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:23 am, edited 4 times in total.