Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#82430 by VDS
Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:37 pm
Working on placing 2d doors in plan view. Recently, after placing the door and swing orientation, DC asks "is this correct? (Y/N). It's an added keystroke I haven't been asked in other similar drawings.

Is there a way to toggle this feature off?
#82431 by MtnArch
Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:43 pm
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it has to do with DC trying to grab the wall lines that are further away than it's expecting. I think there's some setting I had hit in the past that made it look far beyond the 4"/6"/8" wall I was drafting on .. or maybe it had to do with LayerSrch? Don't recall right off-hand ...
#82432 by VDS
Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:54 pm
It's really confusing because I have two DC drawings open, one will ask for the additional verification (is this correct Y/N) and the other will not when creating doors. I assume I've accidentally hit a hot key or setting inadvertently....
#82433 by DBrennfoerder
Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:32 pm
That happens to me when I’ve been putting in door “by center” and then forgot and tried to place one beginning 4” from a wall. Because a centered fire won’t fit there, it chooses another location, usually off screen and poses, “ is this correct?” It’s always not, I say “no” and remember to set door “by hinge”.
#82434 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:08 am
If you draw all the walls with the "wall mode", then you should avoid this query. If you draw things with single lines, and offset they, then you will likely get this query dialog box; because DataCAD doesn't "know" the two lines "are a wall".
#82436 by VDS
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:45 am
Thank you for everyone's responses.

Neil (once again) was correct. I might expound on his answer and mention to set the wall width correctly. In the drawing that didn't prompt the (Y/N) response, the wall width was properly set to 5 1/2". In the drawing that continually asked "is this correct (Y/N)" the wall width was preset to 1", even though I was setting the door in a 5 1/2" thick wall.

THANK YOU Neil!