Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#82488 by The Canuck
Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:56 am
I am sure there is an easy explanation, but I can't figure it out and searching doesn't give me the results I am looking for.

Does anyone know why I will get an empty bitmaps folder created in different directories when using DataCAD? I think I have it narrowed down to when I export a DWG to that directory, but I can't always seem to replicate it. There is nothing in the folder. Most of the time I will just delete it, but there is clearly a reason it is creating it, and I am clueless as to why.

Any insight would be appreciated.
#82489 by joshhuggins
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:17 pm
This issue has been around since at least 2009. It usually happens when Datacad has a PATH listed in it's settings that no longer exists. It can happen with several of the PATH folders listed. They have made it a little better since 2009, but I still get them scattered about and in locations where it doesn't make much sense for the folder to be created at. Look at your Program Prefs at the BITMAPS path and try resetting it to a common location that is not likely to change for now.