Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#82527 by Clayton Taylor
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:39 am
Hi nicksdaddy,

Is there a reason behind this question ?
Not too sure if you'll get a direct answer on this question, M&M would know I guess, but client confidentially & all that :-(

The G2 software review site will give you some idea, click on the link below:-
Link = https://www.g2.com/products/datacad/rev ... se-4721342
#82528 by MtnArch
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:47 am
DataCAD LLC has always been very strict in not releasing firm or user names. I attempted to get a User Group started in the early 2000's and DC LLC offered to mail out my flyers if I provided the postage and flyers along with the zip codes I was trying to target, but they would NOT share any mail lists.

Other than simply asking by word-of-mouth (and searching the forum here), you may not find much. Unfortunately some of the big firms that were using DataCAD have gone the Acad and Revit way.
#82529 by DBrennfoerder
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:45 am
I suppose it's also a confidentiality issue just to know how many customers that there are out there. Are there hundreds of firms? Thousands? Tens of thousands? Is the USA the primary customer or are there more users in other countries? It does seem to me that we are in a very small family of users.
#82530 by Clayton Taylor
Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:22 am
DBrennfoerder wrote:I suppose it's also a confidentiality issue just to know how many customers that there are out there. Are there hundreds of firms? Thousands? Tens of thousands? Is the USA the primary customer or are there more users in other countries? It does seem to me that we are in a very small family of users.

DBrennfoerder,

I used MICROSOFT AI EDGE on this & it noted 266 firms & USA was the main country of use. I think there are more individual users, however, high street larger Architectural offices I guess also use BIM or true parametric software these days as noted by MtnArch. DataCAD is still really good though for creating professional looking 2D Architectural plans & the menu structure is very intuitive with plain english.
#82531 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:52 am
Certainly, privacy is our concern. We do not share or sell contact information, including e-mail addresses, of DataCAD users.

Besides this Forum, the DataCAD Users' Group on LinkedIn has more than 400 members.

DataCAD User's Group on LinkedIn

MFM