Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#82815 by Bob Urbanek
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:09 am
I have an opening I do not want. Tried everything to get rid of it. Tried deleting the wall and drawing a new one, but the opening appears in the new one. If i try moving the wall in an elevation view, the opening stays behind. Any ideas?
Thanks, Bob
#82816 by Mark Bell
Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:04 am
It could be that you have another smart wall with a door or window or opening in it on a layer which is turned off that occupies the same space as the wall turned on. DataCAD doesn't support coincidental smart entities occupying the same space.
Go to Layers / ViewLyr / with Extents off and pick one layer at a time going through your layer list to see if there is another layer with smart entities in the same spot, or pick Layers / All On then turn the current layer with the smart wall off and press 'U' to update your screen and see if there are any smart walls / doors /windows in the same location.
Hope this all made sense~!
#82817 by Roger D
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:47 am
If you have a smart opening on a different layer, and need it to stay, then change the z-base of the wall you do not want the opening by 1/32", or the opening depending on what else is set up in the drawing.
#82818 by Bob Urbanek
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:29 pm
Thanks Mark and Roger! It was a self inflicted screw up. I was trying to do a before and after situation, and I messed up with my layers. I always manage to confuse myself, one way or another.I thought that I could save some work, but no. Anyway, it's fixed now. Appreciate the help.
Thanks again,
Bob
#82820 by Roger D
Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:10 pm
I have 3 groups of layer, similar named but start with
e existing
d demo
n new
Existing plan is e & d layers
Demo Plan is e with d layers self xref'd as dashed red
New is e & n layers