Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#82854 by Bob Urbanek
Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:20 pm
Crashed again. Seems to be a regular occurrence,now.Usually not a big problem---just re-open the drawing.It retrieves the drawing to the last save. This time, I got the message (internal diagnostics fault 10 error from 74) .When I try to re-open the file, the error message is still there. Tried a cold boot on my computer, but get the same result. So many different problems happening fairly frequently. Getting pretty frustrated.
Would re-installing the program be an option for me?
Thanks, Bob
#82855 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:24 pm
Have you tried performing a repair on the file or creating a new blank file and import your file into that to see if you can purge out what might be inside your file that is crashing it?
#82856 by Roger D
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:38 pm
I would try to do file/export to a new .aec file.
When not in the program, I would also go to the Temporary and Recovery folders and make sure they are empty of all files. Move any files to another new TempBackup folder just in case you do need one of them.
#82864 by Bob Urbanek
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:26 pm
Thanks Josh and Roger. I had tried to do a repair, but it wouldn't work. Out of frustration, I renamed the file----then I was able to do a repair, which worked. Been busy with family stuff all weekend, so I'm going to make sure all is OK, then save it under a new name.
Thanks again.
Bob