Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 23 and DataCAD LT 23.
#82629 by Mark F. Madura
Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:28 pm
Dear Forum Members,

We recently released DataCAD 23. This update includes an enhancement intended to improve the readability of the drawing file name in the application title bar and restored drawing window.

This feature shortens path/filenames exceeding 144 characters for display in the title bar. However, we discovered an unintended side effect: the title bar is also used to associate the drawing with the MDI window. As a result, the truncated path becomes invalid, preventing DataCAD from saving the files to paths longer than 144 characters.

To address this, we have temporarily disabled the following key in the DCADWIN.ini file:
Code: Select all[General]
Max Program Title Length=144

Please update to the latest version through the Help menu by selecting Check for Update.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding.

Thank You,

MFM
#82655 by MtnArch
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:24 pm
Hi, Neil - I had the same question and Josh responded that they were probably working their way through the list and sending them out as they generated the new serial numbers. I actually received my email right after Josh responded to me!!
#82715 by Ted B.
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:06 am
Any compatibility issues with Windows 11? I've been running Dcad 21 in Windows 10 for years, and several program providers suggest remaining in Win-10. I should upgrade both I suppose...

Datacad and Sketchup Pro/Layout are the CAD backbone of my practice.
#82716 by MtnArch
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:25 am
No problem running V23 on Windoze 11 on my box and laptop. SketchUP Pro 2021 works fine as well; I don't like or support their subscription model and stopped at 2021.