Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 23 and DataCAD LT 23.
#82678 by dmooney
Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:34 pm
When I click on a View it automatically zooms to extents.
It does this in both the old "2D" views and current "3D" views. The multi-view Views do not do this.
Is there a setting I'm missing?
#82679 by joshhuggins
Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:10 pm
When creating or updating GTV's, there is an option S5 Extents, that when turned on while creating or updating the GTV's, will make it so when those GTV's are recalled, they will zoom to the extents of the entities of view.

I LOVE this setting myself, :lol: but if you prefer it to remember to zoom into a specific location, make sure it is turned off when creating/updating views. You will have to go back and update any views which currently have it set to ON, and update them with that button turned OFF.
#82683 by dmooney
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:06 pm
Thanks! Sanity restored...of course it was right in front of me. I must have always had that turned off and the update turned it on....or maybe this was added recently? I jumped from DC21 to 23.

For me, the beauty of Views was to be able to free zoom in on a specific plan/elevation/detail and save it. Also saves the step of having to View > then zoom in.
#82684 by joshhuggins
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:07 pm
dmooney wrote:....or maybe this was added recently?
Nope, been in there since ver 15 back in 2013. :D

Don't feel bad though, you are not alone. I find new/old surprises quite frequently myself! It's like getting a free upgrade. :lol: