Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 23 and DataCAD LT 23.
#82688 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:48 pm
I have discovered that after editing a drawing in DataCAD 23, when I try re-opening it in Datacad 16, the associative dimensions are no longer stretching. It is almost as if the Dimensions, and/or layers are locked. I tried first exporting to DataCAD 14 then reopening in 16 but had no luck with that, then I tried a "repair" and again no luck with that. This seems to be a bug, and as the person I am working with is still on DataCAD 16 I will still have to do my work in 16 and not 23. At this point not a big deal for me, but I would like to do/learn more about what 23 offers vs 16 and thought I should "report" this glitch. Maybe there is a simple solution to fix this...

Thanks!

Aaron Ben-Avraham
#82689 by joshhuggins
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:23 pm
Couple things I would try (if you haven't already) is under the utility menu, S2 Display, turn on F0 Dimension Points, to show the dimension control points. See if the points look to be in weird spots like maybe a weird dimension offset for the witness lines. If you can see the control points, can you stretch them in v16 using the control points?