Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 23 and DataCAD LT 23.
#82796 by dirtsailor2003
Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:32 pm
Running current platform of DC.

I am are having an issue of not being able to insert symbols and symbols images disappearing from the browser. I click on the image in the symbol browser but it doesn't do anything. If I click the image again the image disappears but the box remains. The only way I can get the image to reappear is to exit DC, reboot computer. Its not happening for all symbols and its random which ones its doing it. We store our symbols on our server so everyone has access. I copied all the symbols to my desk top and still am having the problem. I work remote from the office, but this had not bee a problem m until we upgraded to 23.

Thanks,

Case
#82821 by joshhuggins
Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:21 pm
Only thing that comes to mind is are the fonts used in the symbols TTF's or SHX fonts? If they are TTF, can you verify if the TTFs fonts used in the symbols exist on the computer at C:\Windows\Fonts\ still? If you recently installed v23 and then uninstalled v22, the uninstaller for v22 may have removed the the corresponding TTFs from the system.

If you want attach one of the trouble symbols here we can take a closer look at it.