Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 23 and DataCAD LT 23.
#82825 by Clayton Taylor
Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:19 pm
To all,

I've not left the building yet with DataCAD, even though I thought my other CAD tool with 3D Parametrics+BIM functions & in-house rendering would only be required. However, it just doesn't have the 2D-tools that DataCAD has to plot/draw up building surveys & initial 2D design plans for extensions & alteration works ease.

I've therefore just purchased an upgrade from my trusted DataCAD ver.18 to 23 & wondered if I should also upgrade to Window OS Pro ver.11 (from 10) before I fire up the DC installer !

Any thoughts from others with Window OS Pro ver.11 would be most appreciated.

Over & Out,
Clayton.
#82826 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:53 pm
Windows 11 is ok. It does have a few new features and upgrades in it's current form that are nice but there is no technical reason that I can think of that is a reason you HAVE to upgrade to Windows 11 right now. My biggest gripe about Windows 11 is that they keep changing stuff seemingly for the sake of changing stuff and their constant pushing of new "features". There are toggles to turn most of it off in Settings now, but you have to know where to find them. There are some new system requirements for Windows 11. You can download the PC Health App to see if your current system meets the requirements. If it passes you should be able to upgrade to Windows 11 fine. The most often reason you may not be able to upgrade to Windows 11 is TPM (Trusted platform Module). A system may not have one or the function may not be turned on in your UEFI (BIOS) which you should be able to toggle on fairly easily. If the Windows 11 Start Menu and Taskbar changes drives you nuts, I highly recommend Start 11 v2 to get it back to working like Windows 10.
#82827 by MtnArch
Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:41 pm
I agree with Josh - make the jump if you want to but I haven't seen any real improvements in W11 from W10, but I haven't had any problems with V23 in W11 either.
#82828 by Clayton Taylor
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:20 am
Thanks for the info Josh & Alan,

My Win OS Pro ver.10 reminds me my PC can be upgraded to ver.11, but have deferred this for sometime now as also wanted to upgrade DataCAD ver.23 & few other applications. I need to get a few projects out the door first, so when done, I'll report back.

To be sure as you note, I just ran the Windows PC-Health-App, & this also seems ok, see attachment.

I also upgraded my Stardock Windows Blinds to ver.11, so might have look at Stardock Start 11 ver.2

Thanks again
Over & out,
Clayton.
Attachments
PC win-Health-check-03-03-2024.png
PC win-Health-check-03-03-2024.png (219.89 KiB) Viewed 759 times