Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 23 and DataCAD LT 23.
#82891 by Kent A. Wittwer
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:36 pm
I am printing in the latest version (testing version 23.00.02) to a PDF file. None of the line weights (colors = line weights = % of color = etc.) are printing the same as in version 22. I thought i was dreaming but I have tried everything to fix the issue. Same drawing in 22 prints fine. Same drawing in 23 prints all "solid" colors. The shading and percentage of color does not print accordingly. Some of the text prints odd and heavy. Some of the same line colors print different weights?

Guess I'll go back to 22. All of the speed issues with the spinning cursor and time spent doing things still exist but the fact that I don't see the spinning cursor now still doesn't change the fact that the time spent is still there. Speed up PDF printing to have it not print as I see it on screen. I am not sure what the effort is at this point but it is still doing the same old same old.

I love this program so please don't make me hate it by all of these fixes.

Kent
#82895 by Clay Rogers
Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:28 pm
Please try setting the following key in your DCADWIN.ini file.
This will activate a fix for the problem with line color/weight when you print.

NOTE: DataCAD should not be running when you modify DCADWIN.ini

Open your DCADWIN.ini file in Notepad, and scroll down in the file until you get to the section heading [PDF].
You need to add the following line in the [PDF] section:

Reload Entity Properties On New Stream=TRUE

After you add this line of text, close and save DCADWIN.ini.
The next time you run DataCAD the fix should take effect.
Then try printing to PDF and see if the problem goes away.
#82916 by Glenn Williams
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:23 pm
I'm having the same problem. Tried Clay's fix and it's still not working. I went back to DataCAD 22 and the convert to pdf worked fine.