Post off topic threads here.
#7355 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:37 pm
Hi all.

Does anyone know of an alternative to Adaptec's Easy-CD Creator 3.5c, for an XP machine ... primarily for creating jewel case inserts? I had been using that version or earlier for many years, which does EXACTLY what I want.

In reality, I don't even care about the cd burning. The software that came with this machine (at work) does that ok. What I am looking for is a way to EASILY create the jewel case inserts like I can at home with ECDC 3.5c on my W98SE machine.

I have downloaded and tested a bunch of cd and jewel case label makers that all suck for what I want. The big thing that none of them seem to do is a data snapshot, with the folders expanded as I want to display them, in order to get the index info I want, without having to type it all in.

If all else fails, I can do screen snapshots (by area) in Windows Explorer of what I want, save the image, then add that to a cad file I've set up in order to create the insert ... but that is WAY more work than what I'm used to doing for getting the same results.
#7359 by Steve Baldwin
Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:01 pm
...A few of the features that I particularly like about ECDC 3.5c are...

- I can set up a master with all title info ready to edit.

- I can insert data snapshots, with folders expanded like I want.

- It will do automatically generated cd title/label.

- It will do automatically generated number of files on cd.

- It will do automatically generated amount of mb used on cd.

- I can do any kind of customized artwork that I might want, using text and photos ... like having a small pic of my renderings for those backups, creating custom artsy inserts for music cds, etc. ... everything arranged how I want.

- It has top and side rulers for laying things out.

Best of all ... it is easy and intuitive to use!
#7380 by joshhuggins
Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:33 pm
I haven't made CD labels or jewel cases in quite a while, but most of the manufactures of the label products have software on their website. Avery's was o.k. a I think I also used Fellows. I usuallly made my labels by using a default base bitmap in Photoimpact (my fav image editior) and then just insert that image in, and center it. Easier than trying to use there limited tools. Then just use their printer calibration software to center the labels and print. As for the automatic creation of the list and such, that sounds pretty cool. I havn't seen anything like that but like I said, I haven't done any in quite a while. Hope you find what your lookin for.