Post off topic threads here.
#80285 by Joseph Baron
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:44 pm
Private Message Notifications

I had a few private messages sent to me on this forum but I did not receive any notifications about them, I saw them when I logged back onto this forum.

Are there any such settings, to have notifications sent when a PM has been received?

Thanks!
#80286 by dhs
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:17 pm
Hi Joseph,

It's good to see you back so active on the forum!

I also have missed private messages in the past. If you sign in to the forum I think from memory that there is some notice on the screen to say you have messages, but I'm pretty sure I've asked previously and there is no way to get notification sent by email. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Best Regards,
David H
#80287 by dhs
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:30 pm
was pretty sure I had asked about this before, so went back though my emails and found the following (which was a reply to an email I sent asking Mark if he had received my PM):
Hi David,

The messaging feature in phpBB is passive. So, if I don't log in, I won't see your message (there's no e-mail notifier available for this that I know of). I think messages remain in your Outbox until they are read by the recipient. Unlike an e-mail client where sent messages are no longer in your Outbox, but may not have been received.

MFM

I would encourage people to email you instead of using PM as there is the capabilty for them to do this through the forum.
#80289 by Joseph Baron
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:06 pm
Hey David thanks for the info!

I figured out the outbox thing after which it seemed like maybe the message didn't send, yeah it's been awhile since being on here and haven't really used the PM much until now.

Thanks again for digging for the answer.