Post off topic threads here.
#80567 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:36 pm
I realized that I have not been able to let folks know some personal news - I have had a recurrence of gum cancer. Back in 2009, I had surgery to remove a gum cancer - and this is a similar situation, slightly farther back on the same side of my mouth. This time, it was stage 2 invasive squamous cell carcinoma. I will also be having the lymph nodes on the left side of my neck removed a week from tomorrow. This is intended to be preemptive, and I will let you know how that goes.
#80569 by joshhuggins
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:48 pm
Sorry to hear that Neil. Hang in there and will be praying for a speedy recovery, continued strength and healing.
#80570 by Joseph Baron
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:14 pm
Good luck Neil I hope things work out for the best.
#80571 by dhs
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:24 pm
Best wishes for your recovery Neil.

I recently had some lymph nodes removed and cancer was detected ... I hope that you are more fortunate and that no evidence of the cancer is found in the removed nodes.

David H.
#80575 by jimgoodman
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:07 pm
Neil: Wishing you the all the best.
#80633 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:31 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:I do have happy news to report - I had a second surgery, to remove the lymph nodes on the left side of my neck. And the pathology results for that is all negative.

Excellent! Happy to hear that bud!
#80634 by Mark Bell
Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:44 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:I do have happy news to report - I had a second surgery, to remove the lymph nodes on the left side of my neck. And the pathology results for that is all negative.

That's good to hear Neil - hope your recovery continues with more good news.
#80637 by MtnArch
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:51 am
Such great news, Neil!