Post off topic threads here.

What do you think of the new forum?

76%
12%
10%
2%
#12 by joshhuggins
Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:08 pm
Well I thought I'd jump in behind Mark M. and post the second message. I'd like to suggest people register as soon as possible and get familure with the new features. One feature of these types of forums is the ability to take polls on new ideas and view points. So my first poll is How do you like the new Forum :?:
#13 by Eddie
Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:36 pm
Hi Josh :P
#16 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:35 pm
Hello:

Boy, this is a little different -- I frequent a couple of forums that use this same software, so it feels pretty familiar. Though having it for DataCAD is different... :D

Why can't we upload an avatar -- do we have to host it ourselves? I could use ImageShack (which is also free, btw), I guess...
Last edited by Neil Blanchard on Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#21 by Mark Toce
Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:38 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:Why can't we upload an avatar -- do we have to host it ourselves? I could use ImageShack, I guess...

Sorry, no uploads as of yet. I normally use Photo Bucket for uploading images - its free!
#23 by joshhuggins
Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:08 pm
If anyone wants, they can email their avitar of choice, and I will host it on my server and email back a address to the pic untill the forum allows uploads. Just make sure they meet the forums requirements of 80x80 pixels and smaller than 6k. I will not host pics which might be offensive to others. I will email you a reply if I think it would be or not. Have fun! :mrgreen:
#25 by Jennifer Madura
Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:37 pm
Thanks for the tip Mark! Shouldn't you be out biking? :D
#29 by Mark Bell
Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:18 pm
...someone's been busy!!...where do I re-register to continue beta testing v11? :?:
#37 by Mark Toce
Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:30 am
mbbga@bigpond.net.au wrote:...someone's been busy!!...where do I re-register to continue beta testing v11? :?:

No need to re-register - all you do is sign up for this board, then I'll add you to the beta group.
#38 by Mark Toce
Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:34 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Hello:

Another question about the avatars: the guidelines say 80x80 max -- I did mine to 80x54, and it looks smaller than *some* on the others! Is the limit something a little more than 80x80?

It appears that we can only set a size limit for avatars which are uploaded, and that feature isn't enabled, so there there is essentially no limit. Try to keep them under 100x100, otherwise it alters the layout of the forum.
#72 by AV8R
Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:22 pm
Great site folks! I can't wait until you get a few more features available to the board. Check out this message board http://www.tundrasolutions.com They've been at it for a while now and really have mastered the board software. The site may give you a few creative ideas.

Looks Good! Someone at Datacad is a Genius! :D
#94 by Andrew
Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:39 am
This seems like it will be a good place to get a TON of information and I don't see it replacing the DBUG forum at all. One thing I really like about the DBUG is that it is a little easier to acutally find the information. This forum will be a more "personable" way to exchange info and comments. I look forward to getting a little more familiar with this type of exchange!
#96 by Greg Blandin
Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:56 am
Not going to vote as I like these forum, but enjoy the DBUG one as well. So I'll use both.

As for Avatars, there has been many discussions on another forum I used to frequent and they would turn heated. Becareful of what you use as an Avatar. I'd suggest that you use a company logo (assuming your company is ok with it) or nothing at all. It stays more professional and seeing that this forum is hosted by DataCAD, it might be more in your interest.

Remember this was only a suggestion. I won't knock any bodies avatar.

Something to keep in mind!

Thanks

Greg
#115 by Philip Hart
Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:58 am
I'd just like to add my thanks to the folks in Avon for starting this forum. As a repository for information that is repeated over and over on the DBUG list or continually emailed out from tech support, this will be a big help.

I have never participated in this type of forum - only email listserves - so I don't have experience with the strengths and weakenesses of the differing formats. It will be interesting to see how things "shake out" between this forum and the DBUG list. My hope is that the two will be complimentary and that the DBUG list will continue to have the involvement, civility, and energy that has made it such an important resource for the DataCAD community.