Post off topic threads here.
#269 by Ernie Bayles
Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:22 pm
Okay, so I'm sort of stupid, so I dint realize that the username was the real name that people will see on the screen. Contrary to ordinary internet wisdom, I'd just as soon let people know who I really am, not who I pretend to be, so I go to edit the profile, and I can't change the name there, nor can I re-register.

anybody got a workaround?

TIA

Ernie Bayles (alias ebarch1)
#270 by Greg Blandin
Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:27 pm
Plead and beg to Mark or Mark or Mark.
#278 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:59 pm
ebarch1 wrote:Okay, so I'm sort of stupid, so I dint realize that the username was the real name that people will see on the screen. Contrary to ordinary internet wisdom, I'd just as soon let people know who I really am, not who I pretend to be, so I go to edit the profile, and I can't change the name there, nor can I re-register.

anybody got a workaround?

TIA

Ernie Bayles (alias ebarch1)

Hi Ernie,

I agree - When I signed up I didn't realize that either. I would like to display my full name - not just the name I signed up with. In most other internet forums I'm o.k. with just a handle, but with Datacad, well thats different - Everyone here is a "Gentleman/woman and a scholar" :lol:

Aaron
#285 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:57 pm
No problem guys, just send an email or private message to either me or Mark Toce that includes your current username and your preferred username and I *think* we can probably take care of that for you.
#303 by Greg Blandin
Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:37 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:No problem guys, just send an email or private message to either me or Mark Toce that includes your current username and your preferred username and I *think* we can probably take care of that for you.

*nudge nudge*

You can....
#310 by Mark Toce
Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:05 am
David A. Giesselman wrote:No problem guys, just send an email or private message to either me or Mark Toce that includes your current username and your preferred username and I *think* we can probably take care of that for you.

Yes, we can change them. Just click the [PM] button below to send me a private message with your current name and desired name, and I'll make the adjustment.