Post off topic threads here.
#52752 by MtnArch
Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:02 am
... and 2 years of using Dcad exclusively on projects.

CONS: I've had to use Dcad, forgotten most of Acad's arcane commands, not had to deal with incompatibility issues within Acad, not had to worry about Acad's exorbitant subscription prices.

PROS: I've ENJOYED using Dcad, forgotten most of Acad's arcane commands, haven't had to deal with incompatibility issues (EXCEPT with Acad), not had to worry about exorbitant subscription prices.

Ohh ... wait ... both Pros and Cons seem to point the same way - don't they?

:twisted:

THANK YOU, Mark, Dave, Mark, et al for a tool that I cannot imagine working without now! It's a ROYAL pain now to have to try and go back to an Acad environment (since I **don't** use Acad, but an alternative-to-Acad cadd program) for "compatibility".

GO DATACAD!!!!
#52756 by Ted B
Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:36 am
After being an early advocate of Autocad for residential architecture, I haven't used Autocad professionally for over 16-years now...the last ten in my own private Architectural practice...just Datacad. I don't even have a large-format plotter, just a 11x17" printer.