Post off topic threads here.
#53093 by jimgoodman
Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 am
We have a rather nifty feature, with our hosted telephone system, that allows the telephone to be monitored and operated from a web page. Very handy except that the site has a relatively short time-out period which requires a new sign-in. Does anyone know of a way to force the page to automatically refresh or to extend the time-out period? I have checked with the telephone company's tech support folks and they don't have any suggestions.
#53097 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:57 am
Can you make edits to the webpage? If so you can add
Code: Select all<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="?">
</head>
Or
Code: Select all<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="?; URL=http://www.siteaddress.html">
</head>
Replace the ?'s with the number of seconds until you want the page to reload.

For a manual browser reload there are a few little apps out there, but I have not used any. Found this one with decent reviews at CNet's Download.com. Don't know if it works with Windows Vista/7 or not.
AutoRefresher for IE

There is probably a plugin somewhere if you use Firefox.
#53104 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:17 pm
I miss your ying yang Dave. :oops: Yikes that didn't come out right did it. :lol:
#53116 by jimgoodman
Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:01 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:This add-on should do what you want.

Dave

Works like a charm - like most things that Dave is involved in!
#53179 by jimgoodman
Fri May 06, 2011 7:53 am
All righty, I am able to keep the main website from timing out. Nifty little application.

The actual telephone control panel is in a separate Flash window that will time out after a certain period of time however. Short of getting under the hood, any ideas on how to automatically refresh he Flash window?