Post off topic threads here.
#53102 by Robert Scott
Tue May 10, 2011 12:08 pm
I'm curious if any DataCAD friends have had any actual experience with 3D printing? I have a fairly large site with 5-6 buildings of various size and complexity that I'm modeling in 3D and will produce images and video. The client is also interested in getting pricing on a physical model.

Preferably an east cost/Boston area 3D printer but we would look at all options for pricing.

TIA,

Robert Scott
#53196 by Neil Blanchard
Tue May 10, 2011 8:17 pm
We had a DBUG presentation from a company that does 3D printing, here in this area. The challenge with SketchUp models is making them completely closed solid. This was a couple of years ago, and my memory for names is not great; so I cannot tell you that.

I'll post a question to DBUG.
#53203 by Neil Blanchard
Wed May 11, 2011 7:18 am
From Evan Shu himself:

Z Corp was the outfit http://www.zcorp.com who should have a list on their site of 3D printing services. You might want to contact David Munson
David AT munson3D DOT com
for advice and help first. They both presented to DBUG and David is one of the early DBUGers.