Post off topic threads here.
#3911 by Tony Blasio
Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:44 am
Thought I would post this here for hopefully some advice and to help others in th future.

I am getting ready to go on vacation. Our office policy is that the Out of Office Reply be set up and turned on in Outlook.

My question is ... Can I set this up in a way that the DBUG forum doesn't get a slew of these auto replies?

Any help would be appreciated. :)
#3915 by David A. Giesselman
Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:02 pm
Hey Tony:

I would temporarily unsubscribe from DBUG (and any other lists you subscribe to) while you are away. Using the MS OOA (Out of Office Assistant) is only available if you get your email via MS Exchange Server and its options are quite limited. Otherwise, you could set up a Rule in Outlook for emails received within a certain date span along with certain address exclusions. Then use this rule with a template containing your out-of-office message as a reply. However, unless you are pretty familier with Outlook rules and templates this can be a fairly daunting task.

Dave
#3918 by Tony Blasio
Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:16 pm
Thanks Dave.

We are using Exchange Server but your recommendation makes sense.

I will just unsubscribe then resubscribe when I am back.

(Evan if you are reading this I swear I will re-subscribe :!: :D )
#6516 by Fred Parshall
Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:38 am
Tony, You know I can not help you in this matter, but I just want to say Have A HAppy Vacation! :D
#6523 by Tony Blasio
Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:50 am
Thanks Fred.