Post off topic threads here.
#53273 by jimgoodman
Fri May 20, 2011 9:23 am
Does anyone have any recent experience with collaborative websites that can be used for document sharing, etc.?

Windows Live/Sky Drive isn't really setup for professional use.
DropBox (from what I can tell and my recent experience) is very limited becaused everything has to reside in a single folder, at least for the time being.

Thanks
#53275 by Robert Scott
Fri May 20, 2011 11:10 am
I'm currently using the free version of Dropbox and it's working perfectly for my needs. I have seven master folders set up with a variety of controls on who can access them. In addition I have 100's of subfolders within those master folders. I'm at the limit of my space and I'm pleased enough that I'll be upgrading.

Best of luck,

Robert
#53277 by joshhuggins
Fri May 20, 2011 11:23 am
We use Google Docs. We use it as part of Google Apps for our domain but you can also get it via a free GMail/Google Account. Google Apps dropped the number of employees from 25 to 10 for the Free version of Apps so if you have less than 10 people. It worth a look. It works well for our office.
#53280 by jimgoodman
Fri May 20, 2011 1:24 pm
Robert Scott wrote:I'm currently using the free version of Dropbox and it's working perfectly for my needs. I have seven master folders set up with a variety of controls on who can access them. In addition I have 100's of subfolders within those master folders. I'm at the limit of my space and I'm pleased enough that I'll be upgrading.

Best of luck,

Robert

Don't all of these folders need to be located under the "Dropbox" Folder on your primary desktop computer? I don't see where you can use network folders or external hard drives.
#53287 by MtnArch
Fri May 20, 2011 5:34 pm
Jim -

Have you seen SyncWare by the Blue Book? See it here - is this what you're looking for? I haven't used it yet, so I can't vouch for it beyond what looked really promising in a Lunch 'N Learn they put on for me.