Post off topic threads here.
#53686 by GARY247
Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:17 pm
I can open the files when I am in the program but if I go to windows explorer the files are hidden. When I go to open them in Datacad they show as being locked. How do I unlock these folders so access the files in explorer? The drawings that came with the program show up but not the ones that I have added.
#53689 by Paul Nida
Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:23 am
GARY247 wrote:DCAD 11 and it is installed in "C" program files. Only seems to be a problem within the program.

Well there's your problem. You can't install DataCAD in the Program Files folder in Win7. Uninstall it and reinstall it in its own folder under C:. Name it something like C:\DCAD11. You can call the folder anything you like but it can't be in the Program Files folder or Program Files (x86) folder.
#53693 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:38 am
Exactly, the newer versions of Windows (Vista and 7) "protect" you by copying all the files in the Program Files folders over to a hidden, protected folder -- so once you install them, you can't change any files in the folder.

As Paul wrote, you need to uninstall DataCAD 11, and then reinstall using a Custom location; like C:\DataCAD 11 and then it will work as it should. When v11 came out, WinXP was the current Windows and it worked fine, but now with Win7 and v11 you need to change the installation folder. V12 and X3 already install to the C: drive.
#53696 by GARY247
Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:55 am
That being the case then why are the files and drawings that came with the program visible and not locked. Only the ones that I have starteded in Datacad have this problem.