Post off topic threads here.
#53749 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:58 am
Greetings,

We have a new Win 7 64bit (Home Premium) machine, and the HP driver (from their webpage) for our DesignJet 500 42" plotter simply does not work. Do you have this plotter working with Win 7 64bit? If so, what driver are you using?

We have found that the WinLine Plus driver does work, but we would then need to use it on all the WinXP machines as well, in order to avoid having to reset the plotter settings.

Thanks in advance.
#53798 by wolverine
Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:18 pm
Not sure about the DJ 500, but I've got aHP 9650 that does tabloid size and there were no drivers for Win 7 64. After digging around on the HP site I did find one that worked after some tuning, the driver for the 9800 series.
Attached is an archive page from HP that might help...
Hello.

Thank you for contact HP DesignJet web support. I am sorry for our delayed, I really appreciate your patience.

Related on the issue you are experiencing and the specific error your have, I am sorry to inform you that we do not have driver for windows 7 64 bit compatible on the DesignJet 500 printer yet, our driver designers are still working on it. What I can recommend you to do is to download the driver for windows vista 64 bit and install it on your computer Windows 7 64. Most of our customer are using that driver and works fine.

You can download the driver from the following link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... ypeId=18...

Please just download it and install it on your computer, test it and let us know if you have any other issue with your Designjet printer.

If you need more assistance fell free to contact us back by e-mail or give us a call at 1-800-334-5144.

Thank you for contact HP web support and have a great day.