Post off topic threads here.
#53894 by MtnArch
Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:32 pm
This is an incredible opportunity to upgrade your current version to the next generation of our favorite program, and show Dave, Mark and everyone else at DC LLC how much we appreciate their hard work and loyalty to we users. For everyone using V5 thru V12 it's only $295 to upgrade a seat - and if you're on X3 it's only $195 each!

Seeing what Dave's been busy coding his little fingers off shows how much more productive we all will be - please, jump on board and show them that you believe in them!
#53896 by David A. Giesselman
Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:39 pm
Thank you Alan for that post and for your help with some of these new features. As a multi-CAD user (DataCAD and SomethingElseCAD), you've been a big help for me and my development team.

Best regards,
Dave
#53897 by MtnArch
Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:27 pm
:D

Just doin' my job, sir ... just doin' my job.
#53899 by jimgoodman
Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:47 pm
I echo Alan's comments regarding support for DataCad's continued development. I also encourage all of you to take adavantage of a great opportunity to not only upgrade at a great price, but to influence the development and refinement of V14. As someone who has participated in the beta programs over the years, it's like having personalized custom software where feature requests and refinements are implemented within days or even hours of the initial suggestion. (There are a few things on my wish list that have been voted down in the past, but not many.) :P There is nothing in the software world that approaches this kind of participation.

For the cost of less than 3 or 4 hours of billable time, the productivility enhancements included in V14 will pay for the investment in the first day or two of use. I do understand that times are very difficult and coming up with even $200.00 can be a daunting task, but DataCAD deserves every bit of support we can provide.
#53901 by Roger D
Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:43 pm
MtnArch wrote:For the cost of less than 3 or 4 hours of billable time, the productivity enhancements included in V14 will pay for the investment in the first day or two of use.

The fill the wall cavity with either a solid fill or hatch means drawing your smart walls already fill, don't need to convert to 2d then hatch or fill. That saves the cost immediately, plus the knock out feature where text and dimension numbers can knock out the hatch/fill behind it to improve readability.

Good job on that one DCad programmers.
#53902 by MtnArch
Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:56 pm
KnockOut is **VERY** cool - and Dave's made it so that you can apply it to a symbol and have it knockout everything beneath it (think about a toilet on a tile hatch). For me, that is worth the price of admission - and from what I hear about the Scale Independent symbols/text/dimension/hatching/etc., that pays for a second admission ... for free!!

And the enhancements for Xref's - holy moly, Batman!!! No more having to redefine the xclip/sclip - just move the vertex just like we do now for hatch patterns - now THAT is a MAJOR timesaver.

Echoing Jim's comments, this is our opportunity to help refine (and maybe even DEfine) the features we'll all be using for the next year or two. AND with this we enable DC LLC to continue in business to help OUR businesses with software that responds to OUR needs. The only other software company I've been involved with that responds the same way is BillQuick - but that's for another thread! :wink:
#54150 by Robert Scott
Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:44 pm
I'm currently on V12...if I take up the V14 Beta offer can I continue to work in the "non smart" mode while exploring and helping test what V14 Beta has to offer?

Robert
#54151 by Roger D
Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:56 pm
Robert Scott wrote:I'm currently on V12...if I take up the V14 Beta offer can I continue to work in the "non smart" mode while exploring and helping test what V14 Beta has to offer?

Yes you can, but it won't be long till you turn to the smart side young vader. :D
#54161 by MtnArch
Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:11 pm
Robert -

It's worth the upgrade ... it really is - even for the "non-smart" new stuff that Dave's included!!! You know me ... I'm a 2D bread-n-butter guy (hey ... it pays the bills!) - but the new KnockOut really describes what Dave did (knocked it OUT of the park!) and - for me - it's worth every penny.

Go for it - you'll REALLY enjoy it!
#54197 by Ben at TJB Architects
Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:48 am
I have some questions about the BETA so this seems an appropriate place.

Improved Smart Walls with Hatching and Fill Properties
DataCAD 14 adds hatching and fill options to the Wall Type Manager

I need to know if this feature will allow different wall fill/hatches in different views.
For example:
In a design view, I want the walls Filled Solid.
In a condoc 1/4" plan view, I want walls to match a Wall Legend...some with hatch, some without.
In a condoc 1/8" framing view, I want no fill perhaps...or some to represent load bearing walls.

Without that functionality, this feature will be almost of no use to me.
With it I can see significant amounts of time saved not having to go back and revise wall fills on design drawings to match construction drawings.
(Design always adjusts at least a little as it makes way thru CD's)

Thanks.
#54468 by joshhuggins
Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:41 am
Woohoo! The last email mailer got the big bosses to upgrade when they realized the huge price savings and the new features (even though I previously tried to sell that same point :roll: ). Can't wait to get all the new features built into our base files. Feels like Christmas in August :!:
#54589 by Ted B
Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:11 am
When's the cutoff for the X-3 (vers.-13) to Beta DC vers.-14 upgrade discount?
Hard to beat the price ($195.) as long as I can get the boss to approve the upgrade.
#54591 by Tony Blasio
Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:43 am
I think it runs out the end of this month.