Post off topic threads here.
#54880 by Mark Toce
Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:14 pm
Does anyone use Avira anti-virus software? If so, are you having any trouble opening DataCAD drawings using DataCAD X3 or 14?

We recently received a report that this software prevented someone from opening existing drawings using DataCAD. After opening DataCAD, selecting a file and choosing Open, the file would immediately close with no error message. Removing Avira solved the problem. We're wondering if anyone else has experienced this before.
#54896 by Daniel Kaczor
Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 am
I switched from AVG to Avira on August 3, 2011, and, have not experienced any problems with either X3 or 14 or any program.

I also switched from ZoneAlarm to Comodo firewall the same date.
#55599 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:08 pm
Mark Toce wrote:Does anyone use Avira anti-virus software? If so, are you having any trouble opening DataCAD drawings using DataCAD X3 or 14?

Hi Mark,

I have Avira installed and got "spying" engines notifications. It started to reveal since earlier Softlock DataCAD X3.
My immediate guess was that it detected the license checking from inside the main DCADWIN.EXE file.
As much as the notification was repeated with the same reporting on every full anti-virus checking, done weekly, I've just decided to ignore this messages and actually have no problem at all.

Regards,
Miguel