Post off topic threads here.
#54936 by MtnArch
Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:22 pm
To those of us in (at least) the Central California area, Imad Naffa (he owned Naffa International, a building code consultant and third-party plan checking company) passed away on Tuesday after a massive heart attack. He was only 49.

Imad was one of the really good guys - knowledgeable in the codes, ready to discuss anything anytime about a comment, willing to work with you to get the project through plan check, and a really nice guy to boot.

The building community has lost a very positive force and friend.
#55866 by WonderWheeler
Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:01 pm
That's too bad.

if he's passed away, guess I can let it be known now that he gave me a special deal on handicapped training CEU a few years ago. California requires the units for renewing an architect's license, and he gave me a special deal for $100.00 if I didn't mention it to anyone. A self study course through his web site.

He was a credit to his profession and to code research and training and we all miss him. :-(
#55867 by MtnArch
Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:57 pm
That sounds like Imad - always looking for ways he could help someone, never looking for the glory.

Imad is definitely someone we should all emulate.