Post off topic threads here.
#55254 by nedser
Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:52 am
Well, I suppose there is a pill for frustration as there is one for most everything else.

A while ago I enquired about 'moving' my X3 license from one computer to another as I have invested in a new iMAC 27" ; just fantastic to use.

I need to migrate my license from the PC to the Mac and a sharp answer came back to use the 'activate' and 'deactivate' control in the Help menu and change from one set of equipment to the other as needed.

This was great idea but - I don't have the entry of 'activate/deactivate' on the drop-down Help menu. Where is it? How to I get it? My DataCAD X3 is right uptodate as of 23 September 2011.

I have a number of current request in with DataCAD and don't have an answer from some 3 weeks ago. It must be a very hard question, does anybody know anything that will help.

Still Waiting

Noel Edser - Architect
#55256 by David A. Giesselman
Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:04 am
Noel:

The Activate/Deactivate options will only show in the Help menu when you have no drawings open. That is, run DataCAD without creating or opening a drawing. Then in the Help menu you should see an entry labeled License Actions.

Dave
#55283 by Mark Toce
Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:00 am
Please check your spam or junk mail folder, as I have answered every single one of your previous email messages.

In your last message, you stated that the version number is 13.06.03.04 (H). The (H) at the end indicates that you are running the hardlock edition, not the softlock edition. You do not need to activate or deactivate the software. All you need to do is install DataCAD from your original install disk, and then connect your hardware key.

Please reply to this thread to confirm that you have received this reply.