Post off topic threads here.
#55894 by Roger D
Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:21 pm
I recently upgraded to Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking professional 11.5 with a Bluetooth earpiece.
I find that it works even in DataCAD for text boxes, entering symbol attributes like door numbers, you place the symbol, state the number, on the second and then say okay and then you're on your next symbol.
It is kind of cumbersome but you can even say "M" "5 press enter", "zero press enter", and you can move something 5 feet to the right.
it is taking a while to get used to but slightly modified speech pattern but it may save a lot of my fingers.
#55899 by MtnArch
Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:17 pm
I remember that Jim "Whack-A-Mole" Horecka had set up Dragon a lllooonnnggg time ago to work with DataCAD, too. Seems like it was a Cheap Tricks article. Evan?
#59191 by DRTAIA
Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:15 pm
Hello Roger,

I recently bought Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11.5 and am trying it out on a number of programs including DataCAD. I noticed that you wrote this a year and a half ago, and I'm curious as to how this program has worked out for you? Are you still using it, and on a regular basis, and on DataCAD?

So far I am pretty enthused about the ease of use and the accuracy that I've experienced using this program. I envision assigning voice commands to the CAD commands to shortcut the menus. Do you have any tips?

Thank you in advance for any advice you give.

Duane Thomson