Post off topic threads here.
#55963 by GuyS
Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:33 pm
Alas my DesignJet 220 is beginning to fade. I need to replace it with a plotter that plots about 100 sheets a month (I use it mostly for black and white). I've been looking at a Canon imagePROGRAF iPF605 for about $1100. I also know that low cost does necessarily mean the best value. Can anyone give me recommendations?
#55968 by MtnArch
Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:18 pm
Guy -

I bought an iPF755 off of eBay last December to replace my old HP 450C. The Canon has been an amazing plotter - between the faster speed and the larger ink tanks it more than paid for itself after 3 months. If you can afford it you may want to look at a 36" carriage model instead of the 24" - a client I picked up a few years ago standardized on 30x42 sheets long before and I couldn't plot the sheets on my 450 (I had bought the 24" carriage 450). With the 36" iPF755 I can plot in-house now.

Good luck, and feel free to ask me anything else about my Canon!
#56136 by TheNextStepp
Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:03 pm
I too can recommend the Canon plotters. I purchased the iPF710 a while back and it absolutely kills my HP Designjet 500, both in performance and quality, not to mention ink economy. The Canon seems to be a great all around performer.