Post off topic threads here.
#56834 by Bensouthworth
Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:20 pm
I use DCAD 11 on a Macbook on the PC side with Bootcamp. I have a 22" LG screen. When the screen goes into screen saver mode DCAD freezes up and I have to restart my computer. When I do this and try to reopen the file it says it was not properly closed and says it will recover the file. But it can't and even backup file won't save me. Does anyone know how to recover these files? "General failure error on drive 1392" is the error that comes up after DCAD tries to recover the file.
#56845 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:30 am
Ben,

There are probably 3 or 4 files that might work for you, at least to recovery part of your work -- you can rename them FileName-ARF.aec etc and then do a Save As after you open them. I would move the current (corrupted) AEC file to another folder.

.ARF is the most recent auto recovery file

.ARB is the previous auto recovery backup file

.DBK is the most recent backup file -- what you saved two saves earlier

Sometimes you can find the .SWP file or the .DRF file in the RECOVER_ARCHIVE folder -- either one of these should be Purged to Save As a new AEC file.

The screen save can be turned off or set to go much longer. It might be possible to allow the mouse to bring it out of power save mode, etc. What flavor of Windows are you using?