Post off topic threads here.
#56875 by pjmerkl
Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:54 pm
Id would like to know if anyone has any thoughts or knowledge about two operating systems. I am thinking of building a new box / computer for using datacad, office and graphic products like 3dmax. Am I better off using the windows xp professional OS or am I better off upgrading to windows Ultimate. Any thoughts. New system will have a 1 tb hard drive, 8 megs memory, graphics card with 1.5 gig ram. CPU processor will be intel dual core e5400 2.7mhx.

Thanx PJ
#56877 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:35 pm
Go Windows 7 Home Preimum if your not going to be joining a domain. Windows 7 Professional if your going to be joining a domain or think you have old software you may need to run in Windows XP mode. Windows 7 Ultimate if you think for 50 bucks more you need hard drive encription or want to save a Windows system backup to a networked location. Make sure you get a 64bit OS for any of the versions or your 8 Gigs or ram will be wasted on a 32bit OS which maxs out with 3 Gigs.