Post off topic threads here.
#57144 by Richard Mauser
Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:20 pm
Hi,

I have a weird printing problem with printing one PDF file on my HP 430 printer.
On that drawing, the lower left corner will not print. The area shows up correctly on the PDF when viewed on my monitor, but it just won't print there. I've updated and saved the PDF, but that corner still won't print.
Has anyone ever had this sort of problem, and found a solution?

Richard Mauser
RAM Architects
Rochester NY
#57145 by Nick Pyner
Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:01 pm
I remember a colleague having exactly this problem many years ago. That was with a laser printer and it was all to do with memory. If your 430 is a laser printer, or indeed if it has on-board memory, it is probably the same problem. Clearly, DataCad is not the problem, as the the preview is kosher.

I assume you normally don't have a problem and I guess the root cause for having a problem now is that the print is very complicated. If it has some material that can be temporarily excised, like dense hatch of embedded pictures, try printing again with them removed. If that works, I guess you have proved the problem. True-type fonts can be another kiss of death.

Once satisfied that that is the cause, you need to determine if this is is a one-off or likely to be commomplace, as your work methods have changed. If the former, you may find a setting in the printing properties is all you need. There is an item in the advanced section for the HP 2500 offering either spooling "so that programme finishes printing faster" or print directly to printer. These things don't appear to be as clear as they used to be and not helped by the fact that there are separate dialogues for properties and preferences but, If you can find something similar for your printer, it might pay to change whatever you've got to the other. The other thing to check is whether you are using device fonts as a substitution for programme true-type fonts. I understand that can relieve memory problems.

If this proves to be ongoing, you may need more memory.
#57148 by Dave
Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:49 am
Had this problem on my brothers system, Ricoh Laser MFP. From memory I downloaded a different PDF viewer and that sorted it.

Dave
#57150 by Richard Mauser
Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:08 pm
Thanks for your replies guys.

This isn't the biggest file in the set. Its 1.9 mb and I have two other drawings 1.5mb and 1.9 mb, so I'm thinking the size isn't the issue. And it punts at the same place. I'll check into the printer settings when I get the time. It does spool a heck of a long time, regardless.

Richard

Solution was found in this msg thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12929&p=57985#p57985