Post off topic threads here.
#58457 by DBrennfoerder
Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:29 am
I have a client with this request:
The following drawings are required and should be in separate CAD files (AutoCAD 2004 file format (AutoCAD 2004, 2005, & 2006).

Site Survey of the proposed property. This survey must be to scale and must include the property line, all setbacks and easements, and the locations of the building structures, the adjacent road, road access points, curb cuts, on-site curbs, parking spaces and major sign locations. If this is new construction from the ground up on a site survey is required.
First Floor and Second Floor Plans (if required) that are current, accurate drawings of all structures, including additions and renovations. The drawings must include a basic structural grid, all interior and exterior walls, windows and doors, millwork, major equipment and room names.
Front, Back, Left and Right Elevations showing all major architectural elements including windows and doors up to the top of the parapet.

Notes:

Please include the BAC number in the naming of the files.
There should not be any external references (xref’s) in the files. All external references should be “Bound” as an “Insert”.
The files should use AIA layer guidelines (Examples A-WALL, A-ANNO, A-DOOR, etc.).
There should not be any “Off”, “Frozen”, or “Locked” layers in the files.
Files must consist of usable linework drafted in CAD. Files that are the result of image file-to-CAD file conversion processes (such as AideCAD) are not acceptable.

Two questions: It sounds as though they want editable files with my signature/seal, not good?
I've never had to use AIA layers. Does anyone have a blank file with all the required layers already set up that he/she would share/sell?
#58459 by MtnArch
Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:18 am
Dwight -

I'll PM you with what I've got. The AIA layering system SUCKS big time - WAY too cumbersome for almost all projects.
#58460 by MtnArch
Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:56 am
Also - for anyone else considering using the AIA layering: for a fairly "complete" listing you'll have +/-566 layers!!!