Post off topic threads here.
#58877 by David Porter
Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:08 pm
Just got an e-mail invite from LogMeIn. They have started up their own cloud storage program called "Cubby." It provides the user with 5 GB of free space. Each referral to a friend gets you another 1 GB of space up to a maximum of 32 GB of free space. You can find out about it at www.cubby.com. Tell em I sent ya (dporter@porterarchitects.com) and I will get that addition I have always wanted to build up in the clouds.
#58880 by joshhuggins
Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:48 pm
This is perfect timing, Cubby will sync folders between systems without using the online storage space. Microsoft is killing off my Windows Live Mesh that I use to sync folders between my home and work system. I was going to be hunting down a new service but since I already use Log Me In this will fit the bill just right. Thanks David, will be getting you an extra gig shortly. Glad I don't have to go back to manual bat files and RDP to sync my files.

EDIT: Ahhh it seems they removed the DirectSync from the free version as it was in the beta.... hmmm have to watch this playout.
#58883 by David Porter
Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:23 pm
I also use Dropbox more than any of the other services. I keep all of my active DCAD drawings in Dropbox and it automatically syncs with my laptop at home so I always have the latest drawings to work on in either of my locations. And, if either of my hard drives were to crash or my computer gets stolen, I also have the cloud copy of the drawings that Dropbox has. Users get 500 MB of extra space for each referral, up to a maximum of 18 GB.

There's also another cloud storage system called Sugarsync that I use to do automatic backups of my Dropbox backups. Do I sound a little anal about making sure I have things backed up? Not to mention Carbonite that I pay for doing automatic, daily backups of all active files.