Post off topic threads here.
#59241 by DRTAIA
Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:44 pm
Hello,

I have tried several drawing/sketching apps for my IPAD2 over the last year and had varying success. The first was UPAD, which I really liked until I discovered its propensity to lose data - unacceptable. The problem may be rectified by now but once you have to make a return trip to a site - its not worth it. Cheap Tricks recommended PDF notes - and I tried the free version - good program but a steeper learning curve than I wanted to tackle fully. The APP that I currently use, and like! is GoodNotes - easy to learn and although limited in features compared to PDF notes, does great for me recording on site data, sketches, etc. Save as PDF and export through DropBox and presto its in your office!
#59243 by Dave
Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:30 am
MickTheFarmer wrote:I have just got my first I Pad and was looking for a good drawing app that I can use when recording site info...Does anyone have any recommendations for or avoid ?

I know this doesn't help with your Ipad but
I have a Samsung Series 7 Tablet that came with windows 7 on it and I have updated it to Windows 8. Has 4gb ram, 64gb SSD and I have a 32gb micro sd card, also has usb and micro hdmi ports, came with bt keyboard and dock that has hdmi, usb, network and power ports. Have installed Datacad, Corel Paintshop Pro X5 and Corel Aftershot Pro and Sketchup Pro on it. All appear to be working fine. Has a pen that came with it but I bought a bluetooth mouse to use with it also. With the tablet in portrait mode and datacad set to direction/distance input is simple enough with the on screen keyboard.

Dave