Post off topic threads here.
#59328 by David A. Giesselman
Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:10 pm
Got about 27" here in Canton CT. I've been ordered to leave the snow-blower in the garage as my wife says "No trips to the hospital this weekend!". We have a friend with a plow truck who is supposed to come by today or tomorrow. No matter, our road hasn't been plowed since last night and looks a lot like our driveway.

Dave
#59329 by Roger D
Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:50 pm
I think we all agree that hospital trips are to be avoided.
You've had a couple years of hard weather, good luck, stay warm and safe.
#59330 by David Porter
Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:00 pm
Yeah, Dave, you just wanted a good excuse to not be doing DataCAD coding today. Hmmmm, shoveling snow and having a near coronary or sipping a delightfully relaxing beverage while dreaming about little DataCAD 0's and 1's. Not too tough of a decision if you ask me. ;-)
#59331 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:19 am
We got about 2 feet of really fluffy snow here. I cleared over 100 feet of driveway (I have two driveways) with my great little electric Toro in about two hours - oh, and I also clear an area around the fire hydrant in on the corner which is was plowed in fairly well. I did have to take a break after the initial clearing around the hydrant - lifting even just the 22 pounds of the snowblower, I got pretty winded and had a few glasses of lemonade. I had too many layers on, despite it being under 20F.

Today is really cold - it is about 3F but later it is supposed to be in the mid 30's, and tomorrow and Tuesday are predicted to be in the mid-40's.
#59332 by David A. Giesselman
Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:28 am
Finally able to get to the street. Well, at least until the snow-plow comes by again. :?

Dave
#59334 by Nick Pyner
Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:53 am
Just thought I would throw my pitiful little effort in.........

Working at Perisher NSW, altitude 1750m
Attachments
SAM_0128 small.JPG
SAM_0128 small.JPG (54.14 KiB) Viewed 8607 times
#59336 by David Porter
Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:27 pm
Well, Dave, it is little comfort but from your pics, I can tell that the ceiling of your house is uniformly and well insulated. The only melting snow is surrounding the fireplace chimney and that would be expected from the heat coming up the flue.