Post off topic threads here.
#60066 by MtnArch
Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:15 pm
... it is to use DataCAD instead of any of the other "choices" that are offered now. No matter how long I have to work on any given day, it's STILL fun using DC as MY cadd of choice to get my every day work done! And I get to have the output be the way **I** want it to look like - not what someone else thinks it should look like!!!

Thank you, Mark M., Dave G., Clay R., Mark T., Prasad D., and every other DC LLC employee/programmer that I haven't mentioned - you are REALLY appreciated for keeping this incredible, wonderful, AWESOME software alive and relevant for me to make a living!!!
#60069 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:59 am
No, I love them more!
#60070 by David Porter
Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:11 pm
I will second that. All in favor? I thought so.

I still love doing what I do on a daily basis and consider my work a paid hobby, because of DataCAD and what the DCAD crew brings our way as our tool of choice.
#60071 by damian
Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:15 pm
I totally agree. Makes me angry that DC is not widespread in Italy.
They do not know what they are missing. On the other hand I learned better English because I can talk only to you. :? (but I think I still have to improve).
#60072 by Henrique S. Badalotti
Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:38 pm
I love DataCAD since version 8.
I went through all versions up to the current version 15.
In my opinion there is no other CAD that is as simple to use as our DataCAD.
I hope to use the versions 16, 17, 18 ...
#60749 by MtnArch
Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:41 pm
And just tonight I needed to create an 'Emergency Egress Route' drawing for one of my clients who wanted me to show the actual floor plan (instead of the pseudo-plan that Visio or other programs can "create"). I didn't need to export my cadd file to a DXF or DWG, or PNG or ... - I was able to do it all in Dcad (including color!) and set it up exactly the way **I** wanted it to appear once it's printed. And then all I had to do was save it as a PDF to send to my client for review and/or printing ... IN COLOR!!!

Again ... what a privilege I have to use this AMAZING software everyday, and to actually be paid to do it (even well-paid on a few projects!)!!!

:D
#62483 by MtnArch
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:17 pm
BUMP

I'm sitting here at home, working on another project after having worked on a different one all day today, and two different ones the past two days, and I was just thinking ...

... how much I enjoy using DataCAD!!! It's truly painful when I have to use the "UdderCad" clone!
#62484 by Nick Pyner
Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Neil Blanchard wrote:A'yuh - DataCAD is the best!

We all need to put on our thinking caps and come up with ways to introduce young(er) folks to DataCAD.

Yes indeed.

But what needs to be fingered is why?

I think it's more than the way you draw with it, it is also the way the drawings are managed.

So here is a theory, and fun, or its opposite, has a lot more to do with that than would first appear.

One of the reasons why AutoCad drawings are typically such a depressing mess is that the drawers are actually depressed. This can hardly come as a surprise to DataCadders. There is no fun in AutoCad, hence the condition of its users, and their output.

I'm sure AutoCad drawings can be just as well put together as DataCad drawings, but there is less incentive to do so - no fun. The only incentive is have the boss see what he expects to see, get the job out the door, and get home to the girlfriend. The boss, of course does see what he wants to see, which isn't much, but has no idea of what's going on underneath.

More DataCadder meanwhile, takes pride in what he/she is doing simply because it is easier to do so, there is more fun to it, and the fun factor is self-feeding.

I can't be sure how this came to be, but I reckon GTVs have a lot to do with it.

I recognise that the preponderance of depressing AutoCad product is at least partly explained by the sheer numbers of Autocadders overall.

I believe some proof of the above theory may be determined by comparing the general happiness and well-being of DataCad wags compared with AutoCad wags.

This might have some bearing on the choice of CAD on the campus, so here goes:

"Buy DataCad, and your current squeeze will think all the better of you for it"
Last edited by Nick Pyner on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
#62485 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:43 am
I think that you are onto something there, Nick.

There is a new hire in this office, and he is learning DataCAD pretty well; after a long time working in ACAD and he was just getting trained in Revit. So, every time a DataCAD office can hire an ACAD'er, we are likely to win another convert.