Post off topic threads here.
#61395 by MtnArch
Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:57 am
All -

BitsDuJour.com is offering FILEminimizer PDF V7 for free (yes, FREE!) for the next 15 hours by going .

Before posting this I bit the bullet (yeah, pun intended!) by downloading and registering the software (painless), then trying it on a 363mb PDF file I have (scanned structural calcs w/ some details). It took 20~30 minutes of chugging on the file but it compressed it to a final 47mb size (87%!). I then tried it on a 47mb PDF set of drawings generated out of DataCAD - it took +/-2 minutes and reduced it to 25mb (53%). I honestly can't see any degradation in the resolution in either reduced file.

Hope this helps someone else!
#61404 by MtnArch
Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:32 am
For anyone who may have missed out, the offer has been extended for another 14 hours - so go get it now if you didn't before!
#61568 by RDanne
Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:57 am
It seems to do a decent job reducing PDF file sizes maybe 20-25% or so (have tried maybe 1/2 dozen projects with it) but warning that you'll be spammed with multiple/daily emails for BitsDuJour.com products... Nothings free I guess! Full version of Adobe Acrobat v9 is around $80 and does a better job, without the spamail IMHO - rd
#61570 by MtnArch
Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:32 am
T'ain't nuttin free - you pay one way or another.

Whenever I find these "free" items I always unsubscribe with the first e-mail unless it's something that really piques my interest.