Post off topic threads here.
#63300 by Ted B
Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:52 am
Just a random peeve;
I have been using a Logitech PilotMouse Optical Wireless mouse for years. I love the feel, but the battery-usage is brutal. In a CAD office environment I get about 4-weeks service out of a pair of quality AA-batteries. I've had several of this model over the years, and the best any of them got was 6-weeks if the office wasn't very busy. To me this seems excessive, especially as I'm not in an electromagnetically-cluttered environment. I work from my home out in the countryside, and have only a few neighbors within a quarter-mile-radius.
#63301 by David A. Giesselman
Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:51 am
Ted:

I've been using a Logitech MX Revolution mouse for years and have been very pleased with it. I get ~1 week per charge from its Li-Ion batteries and have not yet had to replace them. I typically place the mouse in its charger every few days just to be safe. Being bluetooth, I have never experienced connection drop-outs or interference. I find it very smooth and comfortable and being a laser mouse, I can use it on almost any surface.

Regards,
Dave
#63319 by joshhuggins
Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:53 pm
I love my eneloop batteries that I have been picking up at Costco. They hold a charge great and charge fast. They have new versions now. Well worth the investment. Check them out here and you can pick them up on Amazon as well as other places.

http://www.eneloop.info/home.html
#63324 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:44 am
Sanyo eneloops are the batteries I use, too. They are head and shoulders better than any other NiMH rechargeable batteries I have used. They almost always work in place of alkaline batteries in any device.

I've been using two AA eneloops in my M705 for at least 6 months now, and the batteries are "fair" and are estimated to work for another 337 days.