Post off topic threads here.
#63894 by rogerra
Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:36 pm
Anybody,

I just bought a new computer and everything worked fine until I upgraded to Windows 8.1. The problem is with my monitor. The extents of the display does not extend to the max monitor size. There's a black border (3/4") around the display. I tried it on my old XP computer and it worked just fine.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated. I'm reluctant to do a full recovery for fear of losing something.

Thanks,

Roger
#63896 by MtnArch
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:48 pm
You may have already looked at this, but you may need to check to see if your monitor and/or video card has updated drivers on their websites for Windoze 8.1.
#63918 by joshhuggins
Fri May 02, 2014 12:33 pm
Is the monitor hooked up via an VGA analog connection (usually blue, 15pins)?

Does it have an auto adjust feature on the monitor?
Manual screen adjustments? What works on one system is often different on an other.
Different refresh settings?
Running at the monitors native resolution?
#63942 by rogerra
Mon May 05, 2014 12:26 pm
Anybody,

I have 2 monitors. Monitor #1 ( the one in question) is attached via HDMI. Monitor #2 is attached via VGA.
Monitor #2 is ok.

I have detected that Monitor #1's driver is a Microsoft pnp driver with a date of 2006. Maybe that's the problem, but I don't know how to update it. Should I uninstall the monitor and re-install it?

I hooked up Monitgor #1 to my old winxp computer and the display was ok.

Any additional help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger
#63944 by Neil Blanchard
Mon May 05, 2014 12:39 pm
Hi Roger,

You can visit the web page for the maker and model of monitor it is, and download the INF file for it. In the Device Manager, you can Right-Click on the monitor and select Update Driver Software, then browse for the file.

Did you also check the video card driver? HDMI is sometimes a problematic interface for a computer monitor.