Post off topic threads here.
#64922 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:05 pm
Anyone have a clever method or device of lugging many plans around? I was thinking about a large lightweight aluminum cage style hunting or hiking backpack frame. Don't really want to go the pull cart route.
#64923 by Roger D
Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:28 pm
hire a golf caddy? :lol:
I've used a luggage carrier once, doesn't like crack in sidewalks.
are you looking for many small rolls, or a few big ones?
#64924 by MtnArch
Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:21 pm
Isn't that what the newest hires or interns are for?
:twisted:
#64925 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:37 pm
Hauling about 2-6 30x42 rolls containing about 130 sheets each and about 4 reams of 8.5x11. Think I am going to buy some aluminum stock and have my pop weld me up a cage and fasten some large padded backpack straps to it at this point.
#64926 by Roger D
Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:41 pm
that's going to be one big & heavy arrow quiver, I'd get a ATV. :lol:
#64927 by joshhuggins
Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:09 pm
Better yet would be digital plan submission. Where are the greenies when I need them?
#64930 by MtnArch
Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:14 pm
In Plano, Texas - see the newest edition of "Cheap Tricks"!
#64946 by Ted B
Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:41 am
**Yikes** I thought I had dead-tree submittal-issues.

I just use one of those "little old lady" shopping carts, though mine's a bit larger than the one shown below. It folds up and fits in the back of my Jeep, and is useful for flea-markets and outdoor festivals. Most of the time I just use it as a caddy-cart for my folding chair collection for car shows and outdoor concerts -- fits 6 folding chairs, and a small table for cocktails. I have a fitted-piece of foam-core on the bottom so small objects and chair-legs don't go through the wire-mesh. The one I have has oversized rear-wheels for rougher terrain and stone parking lots.

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/easy-whe ... gn=BingPLA

Here in New Jersey, EVERYTHING submitted by the Architect has to be on-paper, ink-signed and press-sealed.
While many jurisdictions in Pennsylvania won't take anything BUT digital on disc or by e-mail.

Years ago I started to reprint 36x24" blueprints rolls to smaller 11x17" half-scale printouts in a 3-ring binder for field-sets and estimating. Our department ultimately saved $750k in printing costs a year. (For which my rat-bastard boss took ALL the credit-for with Corporate!!) When I opened my own practice 12-years ago, everything goes on 11x17"-- as originals -- and I've had no problems with Bldg. Inspectors about the format-size. With CAD, the graphics-work is neat-enough and readable even when smaller, just keep the text-fonts legible and readable.