Post off topic threads here.
#64967 by MtnArch
Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:56 pm
... and as I sit here at 8:45pm (Pacific time, of course!), drawing away at home (after another day of pointing my measly squirt gun at the various forest fires of my various projects raging!) on our little DC treasure, I am so VERY thankful for those carefully crafted codes (and Easter Eggs (or are they D-Bugs ... I can never figure that out!! :wink: )) that Dave G. has created that allow me to dazzle not only the clients but also the general contractors working off of my drawings! Proving again, that you ... Mr. Wizard (Dave G.)!! ... allow me to not only appear to be more intelligent than I think I am, but also to convey my intent of how to put together sticks (and sometimes stones!) so that some other human beings can enjoy what they had hoped for and I had the privilege to translate into a way that became reality for them!

And lest I forget, thank you to Mark M., Mark T., Devinder, Clay, and anyone else who I haven't mentioned with DC LLC for not only keeping the faith, but also working tirelessly to keep ME gainfully employed with quality (let me state that again ... QUALITY!!!) software that does what it's supposed to do exceedingly well!

(okay ... back to drafting for me ...)
#64975 by David A. Giesselman
Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:29 pm
Alan,

You are too kind, my friend. As long as you, and a few thousand others, continue to enjoy using DataCAD it will allow me to do what I enjoy to do as well. It has been a true honor and privilege to have been given the gift of writing DataCAD for the last 30+ years. Although I mostly hear/read the complaints, I truly love doing my "job" and I know that there are many DataCAD users that feel as you do even if they are among the vocal minority. In my experience, it's human nature to speak up only when unhappy or wanting.

Once again thank you for the kind words, deserved or not I very much appreciate it.

Best,
Dave
#64979 by MtnArch
Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:39 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:In my experience, it's human nature to speak up only when unhappy or wanting.

And this is why I will continue to post my happiness with being a Dcad user - because we satisfied/happy ones need to speak up more often! We all need a pat on the back to know we're doing a great job even when it sometimes feels like we're not!

(now get busy coding my layer translator!!!) :wink: