Post off topic threads here.
#65140 by Ted B
Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:43 am
Any ideas on posture and ergonomics for the PC? CAD is so right-hand and right-side of the body dominant. Even the keyboard, mousepad and even the monitor tend to spread from center-to-right on the desk.

I'm finding that my general right-leaning slump that favors my elbow resting on the armrest while I use the mouse is causing some overall-numbness, and an ache on my shoulder and upper-arm from my weight resting on the armrest. I'm got good-support for my forearm and under my wrist to the mouse pad to avoid Carpel, but I still get some stiffness from hovering over the mouse-buttons for long periods of CAD. But I tend to lean-right and put my weight on my elbow -- hence the up-pressure on my shoulder that's getting noticeable away from the workstation. It's starting to ache and be sore afterwards...

I'm considering getting a graphics-tablet with 2-button stylus like the Intuos for a more natural-action hand-finger, and maybe will correct some of the sideways slump.
#65141 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:26 pm
I was finding exactly this issue to recently. I was twisting to the right a lot in my previous orientation. I switched to a corner desk which helps me keep track of my alignment a lot more and keeps me centered when at the computer. Just had an MRI and they found two bulging discs so keeping things in alignment has all of sudden become real important to me. The adjacent countertops provide nice large armrests, and I can slide in close under the desk in an almost reclining position in my tilting desk chair to rest my back at times and able to keep working.

This getting old biz stinks ;)
Attachments
20141027_100733.jpg
#65145 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:05 pm
And just how much time did you spend cleaning up that workspace before you took that picture? ;)

Dave
#65147 by joshhuggins
Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:48 pm
I'm a neat freak / ocd.