Post off topic threads here.
#65218 by DBrennfoerder
Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:34 pm
I just spent a day in OK taking some continuing ed classes. One of the presenter was using a program called Prezi, a cloud-based program that has the ability to zoom-pan-rotate about an image.

I've been using PowerPoint for many years and the process of "moving" around a floor plan is only vaguely imitated by panning or zooming transitions from slide to slide. The effect is roughly similar, but not perfect.

I just tried an experiment with a nice color-coded graphic of a floor plan that I had developed recently and the Prezi program was fantastic in its ability to zoom to all, zoom to detail, pan to anywhere, etc. I think I'm going to love it.

He said the solution to "cloud-based" where there is no wifi is to set up the hotspot in his phone. I haven't tested that aspect yet to see if it would make a nice presentation into a jumpy disaster.

Anyone else tried Prezi? There is a free version and a couple of paid upgrade options. The free version is public to all, so you might be able to find the one I made. It's identified as "Untitled Prezi" by Dwight Brennfoerder.
#65261 by Robert Scott
Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:30 am
Interesting. I think Powerpoint is pretty much old school now. I don't even have it loaded on my computer.
My first thought after watching the initial video was: "I won't rely on having a wifi connection for an important presentation". A google search found this:
https://prezi.com/support/article/shari ... i/?lang=en

Thanks for posting, Dwight.

Robert