Post off topic threads here.
#65542 by Clay Rogers
Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:51 am
1999 was a historic year. The world’s population reached 6 billion, the Euro currency was introduced, and Mark Toce joined DATACAD LLC. We had just begun distributing DataCAD 8, our first Windows version. Mark Toce was a relative novice in the field of software development and support, but he quickly grew into an expert troubleshooter, and an indispensable member of our team. No DataCAD problem was ever too big or too small for Mark.

Now after 15 years of loyal service, Mark Toce has decided to pursue other career opportunities. Mark will be missed by us, but he has left an excellent legacy. DataCAD has made many strides forward due to his consistent hard work, dedication, and persistence. We wish Mark well with his future endeavors, and hope that you do as well.

Many (if not most) of you have spoken to Mark Toce now and then. He may have answered your technical question about DataCAD, taken your upgrade order, or resolved your customer service issue. Feel free to share how Mark Toce has helped you during the past 15 years.
#65543 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Dear DataCAD Forum Members:

These days, it’s hard to expect any of your employees to remain with your company for more than ten years. To do so, would seem outdated and contrary to modern expectations. So I take pride in the fact that many of DATACAD’s employees have dedicated more than ten years of their careers to our product and our customers. Over the years, they have become part of the DATACAD family.

For the past fifteen years, Mark Toce has been a stalwart employee of DATACAD LLC. Many of you have come to rely on his prompt, courteous, and high quality technical support. More than one of you has said that Mark Toce is worth his weight in gold, and I would have to agree. So it is difficult for me to announce his departure to a new career opportunity. I have no doubt that Mark will continue to prove himself as a valuable asset to his new employer.

Please join me in wishing Mark the very best of luck and success in his future endeavors. He will surely be missed.

Thank You Mark!
#65545 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:10 pm
What can I say about Mark. He has been my right-hand man for testing, helping me to develop and debug new features and has become a good friend. To say that I will miss him would be a gross understatement. I know that many of you understand and have first-hand knowledge of Mark's ability to help our customers through, sometimes, dire situations. What you may not know is just how instrumental he has been in helping me develop DataCAD over the 15 years he's been with us. He was always willing to test, and suggest improvements to, my latest ideas no matter how hair-brained they might have seemed. He will indeed be sincerely missed as he has earned my highest respect. I wish him well in his new endeavor and bid him adieu with the highest regards.

Dave
#65546 by MtnArch
Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:16 pm
Mark's always been incredibly helpful in everything I've ever called or e-mailed about - whether it's been something "big" (at least in MY mind!) or simply pointing out quickly where I could resolve my issue with a single click in my preferences. It's been humbling to have him respond to one of my queries with "I had a feeling you were one of the first to download that beta!"

Good luck, Mark, and thank you for your help and friendship for all of these years!
#65547 by jimgoodman
Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:59 pm
It is incredibly difficult to imagine DataCAD LLC without Mark Toce. While I am excited about Mark’s new opportunity, I am sad (and a bit terrified) to know that he won’t be there with the digital safety net when I manage to corrupt a perfectly good drawing file or can’t seem to find an obvious solution to an issue.

I have had the distinct pleasure and honor, over the years, to know and work with Mark and will miss him very much. Perhaps we can convince him to make a guest appearance or two at the tech support desk from time to time.

All the best Mark :!:
#65550 by Roger D
Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:21 am
Wish to add my thanks and congratulations to Mark T.
He was always willilng to look into reported problems that seemed to vanish after a reboot, and never complained since it was user error. Also all the times an enhancement was suggested and there it was in the next patch.
Good Luck on your new path Mark, may you enjoy the next 15 years as much as the last.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
#65551 by Evan Shu
Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:39 am
Best of luck to you, Mark T, on your new job! DataCAD's users have always felt like a big family to us in many ways, and you have been one of our most valuable family members in supporting all of us with our questions, problems, and concerns -- all help given in a very patient, courteous, and competent way. You will sorely be missed (both by those of us who had all the questions and problems, as well as the rest of the DataCAD staffers who will now have to pick up the slack!)

Congratulations and blessings to you as you start off 2015 with your new company!

Evan
#65560 by dmartens
Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:51 am
I too would like to thank Mark T. for all his help, patience and perseverance over the years. You will be sorely missed. Congrats on the new job and good luck in the future. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Dan