Post off topic threads here.
#65817 by MtnArch
Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:01 am
I've been using LogMeIn for the last 6 years to transfer files back and forth between my office desktop and computer (at my office) and my laptop (when I'm at home or traveling). I've had no issues with it, other than if I accidentally transfer them the *wrong* way.

This has bitten me once too many times now and am wondering how others deal with this. I'd prefer to have a single, central location that my files reside in that I can access and work with no matter which computer/location I'm at.

I know that Jim Goodman uses DropBox Pro but wonder whether this would do what I need it to do, or if there is another option that I should consider. My main concern right now is that I **DON'T** want to have to transfer files around manually - I want to open a file from Dcad (or Word or Excel or ...), work on it, and when I close out and save it will save it to the same central location.

Are we at that point that this can happen easily and (somewhat) inexpensively yet?
#65818 by Robert Scott
Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:39 am
Dropbox Pro work well for this guy too. In many ways it is like having a separate drive that banks up automatically as the files are located on your physical drive and synced to the cloud.
#65819 by joshhuggins
Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:03 am
I use GoodSync Pro. Keeps all my files synced between all my different systems. You just install the program, setup the type of connection between the systems and then pick your folders to sync. Lots of options to make it as simple or complex as you need it. Works great and can be used in conjunction with most of the main online services too. I also sync my Datacad installs with it. Worth a look for sure.
Attachments
gsync.PNG
#65825 by jimgoodman
Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:50 am
I am on the dead run this morning but will post our experience with Dropbox Pro later today or tomorrow.
#65831 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:06 am
We use Hamachi LogMeIn to transfer files to and from the server. It is too slow to work "live", but it works fine to do transfers.

I have used Dropbox, which I actually like better, because you can work on the local file, and it automatically syncs with the other location.
#66031 by MtnArch
Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:10 am
I like what I'm seeing with GoodSync, but will withhold judgement until I see it in action (which I'm trying right now after initial setup).