Post off topic threads here.
#66068 by Robert Scott
Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:47 am
Forum,

I've recently run into a problem of folders and files disappering from my Windows 8 computer. Check the recycle bin and nada...

Fortunately, I back up to Carbonite, Drop-box and a portable hard drive so its just been an incontinence but it definitely throwing me off my game.

Any ideas IT gurus? It might be time to upgrade my computer to a W7 Box anyway :)

On a hopefully not related subject: I use Gmail for my email. Has worked fine for years. The last week I've been having clients tell me that attachments are not showing up (PDF and JPEG). I've also noticed a "slow down" in responses both...almost like Gmail is not running on all cylinders. Anyone else having issues with Gmail?

Robert
#66076 by joshhuggins
Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:29 pm
We had an issue over the last few weeks where several of our Outlook profiles got corrupted and we were experiencing issues getting mail delivered via IMAP push. We would have to either delete something like a junk mail message that would force Outlook to request an update from the server. Only happened on a few systems that had Outlook 2013, but not all of our 2013 installs. Not sure what caused it, but several others seem to have had similar issues with Outlook as well as other email clients. FWIW.

Check Carbonite's drive thru the windows explorer interface. If you double click on the folder/file it could give you a clue to the time the folder last backed up which might be around the time it got deleted, maybe :?
#66079 by Robert Scott
Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:49 pm
Hi Josh,

Carbonite did indeed indicate the file had been deleted but fortunately a full back up version was available.
All restored and happily moving ahead.

Still a mystery why it disapeared. Going to do some virus and malware scans tonight to be safe.

Bob
#66087 by Robert Scott
Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:34 pm
Looks like operator error (or the cat on the keyboard).
Folder was moved to another folder.
All is good and Carbonite worked as expected.

Bob