Post off topic threads here.
#66818 by Ted B
Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:43 am
One side of my HP Pavilion 23bw monitor suddenly developed a rose-pink cast on the left 1/3 of the screen. Looks like every-other horizontal line has gone dark, so I now have a partially-corduroy screen-effect. I'm assuming the screen is dying, not the graphics card...

It's usable still, just annoying. I guess it's time to shop for a replacement monitor. Not really enough room on my desk for a dual-monitor set-up.
#66823 by joshhuggins
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:25 am
Most likely LCD, as that is a common way they die. A controller has failed on it.
#66829 by Ted B
Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:51 pm
It's LCD or LED...I'm not sure the difference. Definitely not a CRT. Reading some of the forums, apparently it's very common for HP Pavilion 23bw's -- which HP is basically ignoring. I guess I'm going to need to buy another screen soon.

Ironically, my 15" LCD(?) HP monitor has been going strong for over 18-years.
#66831 by MtnArch
Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:40 pm
I have a Dell 24" (about 4 years old) that has been flawless, and a 30" ViewSonic that I bought as a refurb online about the same time that has been my main monitor that has also been flawless. I know that doesn't help your current situation, but thought I'd throw in a couple of suggestions ...
#66869 by Ted B
Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:49 pm
Apparently it's an internal controller-failure of some sort -- and not uncommon for HP Pavilion 23bw monitors. There are a number of forums with angry, disgruntled ex-HP Pavilion monitor-owners who got little sympathy or warranty responses from HP. Every-other [ horizontal ] row of pixels has gone dark starting at the left screen-edge. and then they start to come to life as the row approaches the 1/3rd-mark. And oddly there are times that a ghost image of the desktop icons "bleeds through" when the proper image is a solid "blank screen". But it's a soft-edge, not a sharp boundary to the fault.

It's still usable, but a full-screen use like Datacad the left-margin menu are "corduroy" and some thin horizontal lines aren't visible on the leftmost 1/4th of the screen.